The horrible virus has done my tastebuds in. This is *deeply* annoying and frustrating for me. If I try and eat meat or some forms of citrus then it tastes of cigarettes.
- Beef :: THE WORST
- Pork :: Meh. Tasteless at best
- Lamb :: Bad
- Duck :: Bad
- Chicken :: Still disgusting (but I have never been a fan)
- Lemons :: Fine!
- Lemon flavoured things (e.g. soda, tonic water...) :: Cigaretty at best
- Apple and blackberry crumble :: Crunchy cigarette water
- Apple and ginger juice :: Oh hell no.
- Coke :: Yuk
- Fish :: Mercifully, still good.
Honestly it is really getting me down. Given that my Partner and Kid aren't exactly fish fans its forced a bit of a vegetarian lifestyle (okay... pescetarian). I eat *a lot* of cheese now. And beer. Beer is lovely. Most wine too. I'm not opposed to this particularly but it is annoying. I miss eating lasagna with the kiddo.
What's more annoying is how people forget things are meat. I have been offered a lot of pork pies and had to say no thankyou, for people to then realise they might have meat in them (_probably_ is the appropriate word admittedly).
Would you like a nice pork pie? For me the taste just makes me cry! Covid, me old mate, My tastebuds decimate! Will it improve we know not if when or why!